Thursday, December 11, 2008

End of Finals Week: getting here from there

"I know where I was and I know where I am now, and you just can't get here from there."
-Anne Lamott

I thought my Race and Ethnicity final was a day earlier than it was. I got an extra day. That 24 hours made all the difference. I found myself wanting things and people I didn't REALLY want; and I realized that, even though, yes, I have been one step forward and 2 steps back, God has constantly through grace has picked me up and has transported me flights and flights up.

So, I'm still moving and changing, I just don't 'feel' like it. But I'm hopeful.
I met with Dr. Hostetter, and he's ready to back us for Go-ED.
I'm hopeful about this too.

Advent: Week 2 (a week behind)

Comfort, comfort my people,
says your God.

2 Speak tenderly to Jerusalem,
and proclaim to her
that her hard service has been completed,
that her sin has been paid for,
that she has received from the LORD's hand
double for all her sins.

-Isaiah 40 1-2

5 Will you be angry with us forever?
Will you prolong your anger through all generations?

6 Will you not revive us again,
that your people may rejoice in you?

7 Show us your unfailing love, LORD,
and grant us your salvation.

8 I will listen to what God the LORD says;
he promises peace to his people, his faithful servants—
but let them not turn to folly.

9 Surely his salvation is near those who fear him,
that his glory may dwell in our land.

-Psalm 85:5-9

Advent week 3

Stir up your power, O Lord, and with great might come among us; and, because we are sorely hindered by our sins, let your bountiful grace and mercy speedily help and deliver us; through Jesus Christ our Lord, to whom, with you and the Holy Spirit, be honor and glory, now and for ever. Amen.

-Book of Common Prayer

22 No longer will they build houses and others live in them,
or plant and others eat.
For as the days of a tree,
so will be the days of my people;
my chosen ones will long enjoy
the work of their hands.

23 They will not labor in vain,
nor will they bear children doomed to misfortune;
for they will be a people blessed by the LORD,
they and their descendants with them.

Isiah 65: 22-23

No comments: