Tuesday, March 17, 2009

the books I read when I was young:


-what happened to lani garver- carol plum ucci
from the jfk library, before the renovation
-the giver - lois lowry
awakened my love of distopian novels
-speak- laurie halse anderson
when i was in the 8th grade, at the springstowne middle school library. it was on display, on a gray metal shelf that i had to bend down to reach. i saw it from across the room.
-feed - m.t. anderson
i still remember the party scene where the main character cannot handle the new fad of cosmetic lesions, and i get shivers when i get recommendation emails from amazon.
- the grave, james heneghan
7th grade, when the whispers first began of my 'weirdness'

3 comments:

boatx2 said...

you're so right about "speak". I read it twice. Loved it. You have such vivid memory of book displays. I think that's why we're friends.

Unknown said...

yes, speak was so awesome. have you seen the movie version by lifetime? the girl from twilight was the main character.

cat m. said...

hahah! i didn't know it was a lifetime movie! i HAVE to see that.