Saturday, November 22, 2008

On Giving Up

Peter Hong at New Community Church always says the reason Christians always fall into religion is unconditional Love and Grace could ask you to give up anything.

I know that deep deep down, my problem is that I love God's cause and not God Herself; but I'm hesitating.

Cuz there are so many things I don't want to give up.

Like my silly search for a man to love me.
Like my politics.
Like my hidden materialism.
Like all the things that I say I believe in but don't do in real life.

Now, I know that God would never ask of me things I don't already need to let go of, I just know it's going to be difficult. I hate to be told I'm wrong.

I can already feel it.


We just have to hope that God respects our struggle to follow His/Her will.

"Isn't that what someone wise once told me?"
"I don't feel like that person right now."
"That doesn't really matter. You are."

No comments: