Saturday, November 7, 2009

Things I've Learned Today


My circle of friends has changed every year; and I've had intense short relationships all through college.
Throughout this Thing, I've laid all of myself upon the one person who's been a strength source these past years. As God has grown more and more distant, and as I realized that most of my relationships are short, I've relied more and more on this person to help me deal with the Thing.
But no one person was meant to carry that burden.

So, I've resolved myself to be more intentional about the relationships around me, even if they're short. Not out of penance, but because they're good for me-and good for us. Hopefully, they won't all be so short. Hopefully, it'll bring me out of my navel gazing long enough to be less destructive.

L--d, come quickly; but thanks for today- it was better than yesterday.

No comments: